• Excellent opportunity to progress career and develop leadership skills
• Supportive and professional team environment
• Work for a leading employer in the agricultural industry
Paraway Pastoral Company Limited owns and operates a diversified portfolio of large-scale cattle and sheep stations across Eastern Australia. Paraway is one of Australia’s largest pastoral landowners and operators with a total combined land holding of over 4.4 million hectares. Adding to the Paraway portfolio in 2020 was Nullamanna Station. Ideally located 21 km North East of Inverell in Northern NSW it comprises of 2207 ha of which 800ha is available for cultivation and the balance is improved native grass country. The Station also has a 3000 head capacity feedlot that currently supplies cattle to the EU market. The farm is used to background up to 3000 head at a time for the Feedlot. Most cattle for the operation come from suppliers in the New England area as well as other Paraway stations.
We are now seeking an Overseer to join the team. The successful applicant will have a passion for agriculture and will need to demonstrate expertise in:
• Cattle handling & movement
• Induction of cattle
• Weighing and drafting cattle
• Basic data entry
• Supervising 4-5 employees
• Day to day feedlot operations and maintenance
• Assist in the maintenance of all mill machinery
• Receival, handling and storage of commodities
• Preparation of feedstuffs
• Pen Riding, diagnosing animals ill health with a strong emphasis on animal welfare.
• Maintaining accurate daily records, including data entry using StockaID & BMS, Agriwebb
The role is an important part of the leadership team at Nullamanna and the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate Paraway’s values of Accountability, Integrity and Opportunity while demonstating a commitment to safety. Contributing to a collaborative and productive environment and working cohesively with the station leadership team to ensure the ongoing growth and development of Nullamanna is of key importance.
A competitive remuneration and benefits commensurate with experience will be on offer. Candidates will be required to undergo background screening including reference checking and ideally will be vaccinated for Q Fever.
Paraway proudly supports an inclusive and diverse workforce and all applicants who meet the criteria are encouraged to apply.
To apply: CLICK HERE