Young Lot Feeder of the Year (YLFY) Award
Proudly sponsored by Performance Feeds
Entries close Friday, 6 July 2018.
YLFY AWARD HALL OF FAME
- 1994 - Warren Salter, Sandalwood
- 1995 - Roger Matthews, Myola
- 1996 - Michael Doyle, Beef City
- 1997 - Greg Gibbons, Aronui
- 1998 - Jason Shearer-Smith, Smithfield
- 1999 - Stephen Reynolds, Charlton Feedlot
- 2000 - Grant Garey, Jindalee Feedlot
- 2001 - Troy Setter, Killara
- 2002 - Gina Lincoln, Peechelba
- 2003 - Andrew Rushford, Miamba
- 2004 - Geoff Cornford, Wainui
- 2005 - Scott McDouall, Charlton Feedlot
- 2006 - Shane Bullock, Jindalee Feedlot
- 2007 - Briana Daly, Charlton Feedlot
- 2008 - Will McCrohon, JBS Australia - Prime City Feedlot
- 2009 - Matt Luhrs, JBS Australia - Mungindi Feedlot
- 2010 - David Maconochie, Hopkins River
- 2011 - Nick Chambers, JBS Austalia - Riverina Beef
- 2012 - Jordan Peach, Mort & Co - Grassdale Feedlot
- 2013 - Stephen Martin, Elders - Killara Feedlot
- 2014 - Emily Perkins, JBS - Prime City
- 2015 - Andrew Slack, Smithfield Cattle Company
- 2016 - Emily Pollock, Mort & Co - Gunnee Feedlot
- 2017 - Thomas Green, Iranda Feedlot
Excellence in Feedlot Education Medal
Proudly sponsored by Zoetis
Entries close Friday, 10 August 2018.
Proudly sponsored by IAP
Entries close Friday, 14 September 2018.
Communicate Your Research Student Competition
Proudly sponsored by Bovine Dynamics & Quirindi Feedlot Services.
The Communicate Your Research Competition is designed to promote excellence and scientific professionalism for the advancement of communication between tertiary institutions and the Australian cattle feedlot industry. The competition aims to provide students an opportunity to share their research in relevant intensive animal and veterinary science disciplines with the Australian feedlot industry.
BeefEx Student Conference Scholarships
Proudly sponsored by ALFA and Meat & Livestock Australia.
This is an invaluable opportunity for you to secure a full complimentary registration to attend BeefEx, held at the Brisbane Showgrounds, QLD on
October 8 - 10. To view the Program and all other details head to www.beefex.com.au.
The Australian Lot Feeders’ Association is providing a number of scholarships to students undertaking tertiary studies in an agricultural related
field to attend the feedlot industry’s premier event, BeefEx.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who show an interest in lot feeding, and/or associated fields. The student will be selected on the quality of their submitted answers and their relevancy to our sponsors.
The scholarship will cover a full conference registration. This includes a two-day conference ticket, including all social functions. The value of this scholarship is $660. Please note that all other expenses incurred with attending the event, including travel & accommodation expenses are at the scholars own expense. Twin share accommodation can be arranged to bring down the cost of accommodation – this can be discussed once you find out if you are a successful candidate.
Click here to apply for a student scholarship to BeefEx.
Entries close Sunday 2, September 2018.
Outstanding Services to the Feedlot Industry Award
Proudly sponsored by Elanco
This Award is awarded in SMARTBEEF Conference years (odd years).
Entries will open in June 2019.
Australian Rural Leadership Foundation's TRAIL: Emerging Leaders Program
ALFA, in conjunction with MLA, sponsors two feedlot industry professionals to attend the TRAIL Program each year. One position is reserved for the winner of the ALFA Young Lot Feeder of the Year Award whilst the second position is an by application.
Click here to go to the ARLF's website for more information on the Program.
The next TRAIL: Emerging Leaders Program will run on 7 -15 October 2018 in Canberra ACT.
How to Apply
To register your interest in applying for the Industry sponsored position, forward your resume along with a brief description of why you want to participate in the Program to email@example.com.
Applications close 6 July 2018.
Australian Rural Leadership Program
ALFA, in conjunction with MLA, sponsors one feedlot industry participant to attend the ARLP each year.
Applications are now closed.
For further information regarding our Awards, contact ALFA here.