Young Lot Feeder of the Year (YLFY) Award
Proudly sponsored by Performance Feeds
Entries are now closed (Friday, 6 July 2018).
YLFY AWARD HALL OF FAME
- 1994 - Warren Salter, Sandalwood
- 1995 - Roger Matthews, Myola
- 1996 - Michael Doyle, Beef City
- 1997 - Greg Gibbons, Aronui
- 1998 - Jason Shearer-Smith, Smithfield
- 1999 - Stephen Reynolds, Charlton Feedlot
- 2000 - Grant Garey, Jindalee Feedlot
- 2001 - Troy Setter, Killara
- 2002 - Gina Lincoln, Peechelba
- 2003 - Andrew Rushford, Miamba
- 2004 - Geoff Cornford, Wainui
- 2005 - Scott McDouall, Charlton Feedlot
- 2006 - Shane Bullock, Jindalee Feedlot
- 2007 - Briana Daly, Charlton Feedlot
- 2008 - Will McCrohon, JBS Australia - Prime City Feedlot
- 2009 - Matt Luhrs, JBS Australia - Mungindi Feedlot
- 2010 - David Maconochie, Hopkins River
- 2011 - Nick Chambers, JBS Austalia - Riverina Beef
- 2012 - Jordan Peach, Mort & Co - Grassdale Feedlot
- 2013 - Stephen Martin, Elders - Killara Feedlot
- 2014 - Emily Perkins, JBS - Prime City
- 2015 - Andrew Slack, Smithfield Cattle Company
- 2016 - Emily Pollock, Mort & Co - Gunnee Feedlot
- 2017 - Thomas Green, Iranda Feedlot
- 2018 - Ben Attewell, ACC Brindley Park
Excellence in Feedlot Education Medal
Proudly sponsored by Zoetis
Entries are now closed (Friday, 10 August 2018).
- Only fully completed entries will be judged.
- The Top 6 applicants will be invited to undertake a workplace interview, conducted by the judging panel, and organized at a time suitable to
all parties, to progress to the final round of judging.
- Applicants are advised that having general knowledge of the Award sponsor would be an advantage and they may be required to answer general
questions relating to the nature of the Sponsor’s business during the face-to-face judging round.
- The Top 3 Finalists will be invited to the ALFA BeefEx 2018 Conference for the presentation of the overall Medal winner. Conference registration
fees and accommodation for Grand Finalists is included in the prize.
- All Finalists agree to be part of the promotion of the Award.
Proudly sponsored by IAP
Entries are now closed (Friday, 24 September 2018)
Communicate Your Research Student Competition
Proudly sponsored by Bovine Dynamics & Quirindi Feedlot Services.
The Communicate Your Research Competition is designed to promote excellence and scientific professionalism for the advancement of communication
between tertiary institutions and the Australian cattle feedlot industry. The competition aims to provide students an opportunity to share
their research in relevant intensive animal and veterinary science disciplines with the Australian feedlot industry.
Click here to download
more information on the Competition.
Click here to complete the entry form.
BeefEx Student Conference Scholarships
Proudly sponsored by ALFA and Meat & Livestock Australia.
This is an invaluable opportunity for you to secure a full complimentary registration to attend BeefEx, held at the Brisbane Showgrounds, QLD on
October 8 - 10. To view the Program and all other details head to www.beefex.com.au.
The Australian Lot Feeders’ Association is providing a number of scholarships to students undertaking tertiary studies in an agricultural related
field to attend the feedlot industry’s premier event, BeefEx.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who show an interest in lot feeding, and/or associated fields. The student will be selected on the quality of their submitted answers and their relevancy to our sponsors.
The scholarship will cover a full conference registration. This includes a two-day conference ticket, including all social functions. The value of this scholarship is $660. Please note that all other expenses incurred with attending the event, including travel & accommodation expenses are at the scholars own expense. Twin share accommodation can be arranged to bring down the cost of accommodation – this can be discussed once you find out if you are a successful candidate.
Entries are now closed (Sunday 2, September 2018).
Outstanding Services to the Feedlot Industry Award
Proudly sponsored by Elanco
This Award is awarded in SMARTBEEF Conference years (odd years).
Entries will open in June 2019.
Australian Rural Leadership Foundation's TRAIL: Emerging Leaders Program
ALFA, in conjunction with MLA, sponsors two feedlot industry professionals to attend the TRAIL Program each year. One position is reserved for the winner of the ALFA Young Lot Feeder of the Year Award whilst the second position is an by application.
Click here to go to the ARLF's website for more information on the Program.
The next TRAIL: Emerging Leaders Program will run on 27 Feb - 7 March 2018 in Canberra ACT.
How to Apply
To register your interest in applying for the Industry sponsored position, forward your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you wish to participate in the Program and what you are hoping to get out of the opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close 11 November 2018.
Australian Rural Leadership Program
ALFA, in conjunction with MLA, sponsors one feedlot industry participant to attend the ARLP each year.
Applications are now open.
For further information regarding our Awards, contact ALFA here.