2019 Recruitment: Various permanent positions throughout Qld
ACC & ACBH Group
Proudly 100% Australian owned and operate and the world's largest, family owned, fully integrated, vertical beef supply chain.
Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) are proud industry leaders in producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. We employ over 1500 Queenslanders and together our diverse operation processes 300,000 head of cattle across our large-scale breeding, backgrounding, farming and feedlotting through to our modern food processing and value add packing facility.
This, together with being 100% Australian and family owned and operated means you really do get the best of both worlds. You get the opportunity and security that comes with a progressive corporate pastoral operation who continue to grow, develop and innovate, along with the support and personal interest that comes with being part of a family business. We’re solid, we’re progressive and we continue to invest in our infrastructure, our technology and our people.
Sharing our passion for cattle, you're experienced and skilled in your field, you take pride in what you do and, you do it well. You thrive working hard, being part of a team and having fun. You're seeking a rural and remote working lifestyle, that offers personal challenge, growth and reward. You're totally committed to working safely, looking after your team and the health and welfare of our animals.
About the roles
Some positions start asap and some start in the new year and are available across our large-scale breeding, backgrounding, broad acre farming, feedmill and feedlot operations throughout Queensland. Some locations are more remote than others, around Mt Isa, Julia Creek and Mackay in the North and Central Qld, then there’s Roma district, Charleville, Augathella and Darling Downs just to name a few. We’re looking for talented, reliable and self-motivated team players to join us as:
- Head Stockpersons
- Station Hands
- Station Cook
- Feedlot Livestock hands & Pen Riders
- Feedmill Operators
- Boreman / Water Maintenance
- Loader Driver
- Grader Operator
- Road Train Driver
- Mechanic / trades
Make your next move your best yet. Apply now to join ACC & ACBH Group and broaden your skills and experience with an Australian and family owned, industry leader. You’ll enjoy a great team environment, ongoing learning, diverse career opportunities, comfortable living conditions and staff facilities plus competitive wages.
Project Officer - Career Development & Training Strategy
ALFA is seeking a full time fixed term Project Officer to support the implementation of the Australian Feedlot Sector Career Development and Training Strategy (FCDT) Project.
The FCDT Project aims to attract, retain and grow a professional and skilled workforce within the Australian feedlot sector through the provision of a clear career development pathway and delivery of associated training, professional development and support networks.
As Project Officer you will report to the Manager – Membership, Communications & Capability and be responsible for:
The role can be based out of the Sydney CBD Head Office or regionally/remotely.
- Working closely with key internal and external stakeholders to co-ordinate, plan, manage and deliver on FCDT Project objectives.
- Liaising with key stakeholders such as Registered Training Organisations, Meat & Livestock Australia, and key industry groups.
- Negotiating and managing contracts.
- Leading training, workshop and course activities.
- Overseeing development of course content and design, an electronic training material library, feedback reports and pilot programs.
- Be highly organised with the ability to multitask (paramount to your success in this role).
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Be available to travel interstate when required.
- Have relevant experience in either project management and/or training and development.
- Have tertiary qualifications in an Agricultural related degree, project management or other relevant field and/or equivalent level of knowledge and
experience in the industry.
- Have a genuine passion and empathy for the agricultural sector.
APPLYING FOR THE ROLE
Submit your resume and a brief cover letter (no longer than one page) to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Project Officer – Career development & Training Strategy + Your Name’ no later than the close date.
23rd December 2018
Feedlot Station Cook – Brindley Park (near Roma)
Brindley Park Feedlot
Australian Country Choice (ACC), together with Australian Cattle and Beef Holdings (ACBH) is a 100% Australian owned and family operated industry leader, producing and supplying highest quality beef products to the local and export markets. Our operations throughout Queensland, encompass large scale cattle breeding, backgrounding, farming, feedlots and our state of the art meat processing and packaging facility.
Brindley Park Feedlot, is seeking a high performing station cook to plan and prepare quality, nutritious breakfasts & dinners for our onsite crew of around 25 people. Reporting to the feedlot manager and working split shifts role involves:
- Menu planning
- Budgets & stock ordering
- Preparation & cooking of meals
- Cleaning kitchen and common areas
- Prepare and clean rooms for new staff
- Coordinating rooms for new staff
- Special catering for onsite meetings
Along with demonstrated experience in a similar role and experience cooking for live in groups, the ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to working safely
- Maintain highest standards of tidiness and food hygiene
- Take great pride in their work to produce quality food
- Be enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Work efficiently unsupervised
- Be computer literate
The role will suit someone who has loads of positive energy, thrives with a challenge, enjoys helping out and loves being able to make a real difference to the crew by providing wholesome, satisfying, home style meals.
Private, single accommodation with air conditioning is provided. We offer top conditions and job stability with a 100% Australian owned and family operated industry leader.
Wonga Plains Feedlot
Wonga Plains Feedlot is part of the Camm Agricultural Group which is an integrated cattle and farming enterprise with properties located from Charters Towers to the Darling Downs.
Wonga Plains Feedlot is an award winning 10,000 head feedlot located at Bowenville on the Darling Downs. The operation feeds company sourced and customer cattle in a modern facility, undertaking expansion to 21,000 head.
The Feedlot Manager is responsible for all aspects of the feedlot operation, working with our area supervisors to coordinate the operation including livestock, feeding, administration and maintenance. Furthermore the position will be responsible for the implementation of new initiatives and improving feedlot efficiencies. Our manager will have high standards and be customer focused in their approach.
While experienced applicants are encouraged, those looking to progress to the next step in their career are also encouraged to apply.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- An affinity for all facets of feedlot operations;
- First rate people and communication skills;
- The ability to prioritise and delegate tasks;
- Ability to build strong customer and supplier relationships;
- Strong spreadsheet modelling capability;
- Attention to record keeping;
- Effective time management;
- Negotiating and purchasing skills;
- Effective problem solving; and
- Strong staff management.
The successful applicant will be a positive, self-starter that is honest, reliable and willing to try new ideas. We are looking for someone who is people focused and keen to make a positive impact on the Australian feedlot sector.
A degree or equivalent and several years experience will be highly regarded. We look forward to hearing from all suitable applicants.
“Wonga Plains” Bowenville Q 4404
Ph (07) 4663 7730 Fax (07) 4663 7771