Australian Livestock and Property Agents Association
The Australian Livestock & Property Agents Association Limited (ALPA) has an exciting full time position commencing December 2017 in the Sydney Office.
Written applications are sought from energetic, cheerful people with a friendly disposition for this rewarding role.
This position will suit someone with superior administration/computer skills, excellent communication and organisational ability, coupled with the ability to work with confidential information and manage an office of a small friendly team.
• Assist CEO, organise & manage office duties and member services.
• Assist in Association’s events, programs and day to day operations.
• Motivate, inspire and develop relationships with industry sectors.
• Ensure member satisfaction.
Applicants must have a proven ability to operate MYOB and general financial management skills. General knowledge of rural Australia and a background in Agriculture would be an advantage for this position.
A salary package will be available in line with experience and qualifications.
ALPA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applications in writing with resume (including 2 references) should be forwarded by
30th November 2017, marked Private and Confidential to;
2 Barrack St
Sydney NSW 2000
Jalna Feedlot - Anakie, VIC
Jalna Feedlot is a diversified farming operation which includes the 10,000hd feedlot, cropping and sheep and manure sales and production.
We are currently looking for a feeder for our 10,000 hd beef feedlot located 30min from Geelong.
Ideally applicants must be reliable, honest and hardworking. Able to take directions and use their own abilities to problem solve and undertake tasks on their own if the need arose.
As a Feed Truck Operator your primary role includes but is not limited to:
• Preparation, allocation and deliver feed in an accurate and timely manner, using a tractor driven mixing wagon.
• Commodity receiving, storage and processing
• Data entry
• General feedlot duties
• Help cleaning of water troughs on a weekly basis which will be shared by both feeders and pen riders.
• Regular maintenance of machines
Hours of work will vary during the week, with a 7am start and generally finish by 5pm with breaks during the day.
The successful applicant will also be required to fit into our current roster and must be available to work every second weekend.
Experience is not entirely essential but ideally some previous experience with tractors, loaders and telehandlers would be beneficial.
All applications to be emailed to,
West Wimmera Beef - Nhill, VIC
West Wimmera Beef Feedlot is a 2000SCU capacity feedlot located near Nhill in Victoria. West Wimmera Beef is a family owned and run feedlot. We are currently looking for a full time employee to assist in all aspects of the Feedlot. The Feedlot is one part of our farming enterprise also consisting of sheep, cattle and broad acre cropping. Although most work will be undertaken in the feedlot there may be times were work will be done in other enterprises. Applicants must be willing to work some weekends.
• Daily livestock handling including stock monitoring and movement.
• Diagnosis of animal health symptoms.
• Administration of animal health treatments.
• Maintaining accurate records to meet Quality Assurance requirements.
• Cattle induction and drafting.
• Ration preparation and feed out.
• Operation of tractor and front end loader.
• Feedlot maintenance including trough cleaning and pen cleaning.
• Experience with cattle handling preferred.
• Communication, and organisational skills.
• Ability to work independently and show initiative.
• Strong commitment to animal welfare, health & nutrition.
• Ability & willingness to learn new skills.
• Current Front end loader licence and Chemical Users Certification a must.
• HC or MC Drivers Licence an advantage .
Interested, to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Darryn Rethus 0438 913 189, firstname.lastname@example.org
JBS Riverina Feedlot - Yanco, NSW
JBS Australia’s Riverina Beef Feedlot is a 53,333 capacity feedlot situated between the popular townships of Leeton and Narrandera in Southern NSW. We are currently offering passionate pen riders & cattle handlers the opportunity to further develop their horsemanship, cattle handling, livestock diagnosis & treatment skills as important members of our Livestock team.Responsibilities:•Daily livestock handling including pen riding and stock movements.•Diagnosis of animal health symptoms.•Administration of animal health treatments.•Maintaining accurate records of animal treatments and stock movements.•Maintaining compliance with JBS Australia policies, including but not limited to: WHS, HR, QA, Animal Welfare & Environmental obligations.Criteria:•Proven horsemanship skills•Communication, organisational & interpersonal skills.•Strong commitment to animal welfare, health & nutrition.•Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.•Ability & willingness to learn new skills.Requirements:•Access to a minimum of two suitable horses and own tack/saddlery.•All horses must be vaccinated for Hendra virus prior to entry at all JBS sites, proof of vaccination details will be required prior to offer/commencement of Employment.Interested?To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Lauren Costin on 0488 511 115.If you are interested in this role, please go to our website: http://jbssa.com.au/OurPeople/default.aspx to apply.