Charlton Feedlot - TEYS Australia
Charlton Feedlot is located near Charlton in north-west
Victoria just 2 1/2 hours from Melbourne. This very modern 20,000 head facility serves a key role in the Teys Australia supply chain producing quality beef for the domestic and short-fed export markets. We currently have vacancy for a Stockperson.
The responsibilities of this position will include pen riding, diagnosis and treatment of sick cattle, pen movements, drafting and weighing of incoming and outgoing cattle, general stock handling, record keeping and yard maintenance. Applicants should be competent horse riders, possess good cattle handling skills, be able to work in a team environment and have a genuine desire to work in the intensive beef industry. Applicants with their own horses and gear would be advantageous.
Wages and conditions will be negotiated with the successful applicant, including full maintenance of up to three horses for the pen riding role.
If this role would interest you please forward your written application including CV and at least two referees to:The ManagerCharlton FeedlotPO Box 201Charlton, Vic, 3525.Ph: (03) 5491 6266Fax: (03) 5491 6277
Wonga Plains Feedlot
Wonga Plains Feedlot is part of the Camm Agricultural Group which is an integrated cattle and farming enterprise with properties located from Charters Towers to the Darling Downs.
Wonga Plains Feedlot is an award winning 10,000 head feedlot located at Bowenville on the Darling Downs. The operation feeds company sourced and customer cattle in a modern facility, undertaking expansion to 21,000 head.
The Feedlot Manager is responsible for all aspects of the feedlot operation, working with our area supervisors to coordinate the operation including livestock, feeding, administration and maintenance. Furthermore the position will be responsible for the implementation of new initiatives and improving feedlot efficiencies. Our manager will have high standards and be customer focused in their approach.
While experienced applicants are encouraged, those looking to progress to the next step in their career are also encouraged to apply.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- An affinity for all facets of feedlot operations;
- First rate people and communication skills;
- The ability to prioritise and delegate tasks;
- Ability to build strong customer and supplier relationships;
- Strong spreadsheet modelling capability;
- Attention to record keeping;
- Effective time management;
- Negotiating and purchasing skills;
- Effective problem solving; and
- Strong staff management.
The successful applicant will be a positive, self-starter that is honest, reliable and willing to try new ideas. We are looking for someone who is people focused and keen to make a positive impact on the Australian feedlot sector.
A degree or equivalent and several years experience will be highly regarded. We look forward to hearing from all suitable applicants.
“Wonga Plains” Bowenville Q 4404
Ph (07) 4663 7730 Fax (07) 4663 7771
Diesel Mechanic- Grassdale Feedlot
Mort & Co
Key functions of this role, include all plant and equipment:
- Maintenance and general repairs
A proudly Queensland brand, Mort & Co was first established in 1843. Today, managing director, Charlie Mort, along with our team, has grown to become one of the largest managers of feedlot cattle within Australia.
Grassdale Feedlot is looking for an experienced, trade qualified Diesel Mechanic with a background of heavy road transport, earthmoving equipment and fixed plant to join our expanding team.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Trade qualifications as a Diesel Mechanic or Diesel Fitter
- Minimum of 2 years post trade experience
- Proven ability to work well independently, as well as within a team environment
- Strong focus on workplace health and safety
- A history of being well organised and a passion for maintaining equipment to a high standard
- A willingness to learn and work within a dynamic, fast paced team
- A proven history of accurate record keeping
- Welding ability will also be highly regarded
- Routine preventative servicing
The selected candidate will be rostered to work a 10 and 4 off roster and provide their own tools for trade. The business maintains an attractive employment package including a work vehicle and is situated in between Dalby and Cecil Plains.
This position presents an opportunity to develop with an industry leading company and we look forward to hearing from enthusiastic, passionate people who want a career in the rural sector.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to:
the Maintenance Supervisor, Grassdale Feedlot M/S 35 Dalby, Qld, 4405 Email: email@example.com
- Maintenance and general repairs