FARMHAND/FEEDLOT ASSISTANT (Solferino Feedlot, Young NSW)
Solfarina Run Pty Ltd based 6km from Young is a family run business that is involved in beef feedlot, fat lambs, and cropping.
We are currently seeking a Farmhand, with a specific focus on working alongside the Feedlot manager.
The successful applicant will be;
• Highly motivated and able to show initiative
• Have excellent time management and organisational skills
• The ability to work in a team
• Willingness to learn
• Be physically fit and demonstrate strong work ethic and a sense of pride in the operation.
• Be reliable, committed and accountable
Skills in the following areas are required;
• Livestock cattle and sheep handling and processing
• Implementation of daily feeding programs which includes feed milling and operation of feed mill
• Processing of grain and commodities including; unloading and loading grain and rations
• Good understanding of cattle health and wellbeing
• Pen riding with own horses an advantage
• Good mechanical knowledge
• Good and accountable computer literacy skills, with a focus on traceability and record keeping.
• Maintenance and cleanliness of all facilities.
• Work dogs an advantage
A competitive salary package is available based on experience, qualifications and ability.
The position is located at Young in Southern NSW.
This is a hands-on position and only applicants looking for permanent work need apply.
You must have a valid Australian work rights, and be willing to undergo background screening including reference checking.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume (max 2 pages & at least two referees) via email to; firstname.lastname@example.org