COOK (Goonoo Feedlot, Comet QLD)
• Excellent working conditions
• Development and training
• Team orientated environment
We are looking to share the Australian experience and require employees from a diverse range of backgrounds with a variety of skills, talents and aspirations, and a strong work ethic to join us.
Goonoo feedlot is located in central Queensland, 65km southeast of Emerald and 20km south of Comet.
Duties & responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform your job in a safe manner in line with AACo safety programs and procedures
• Take responsibility for your safe work behaviour
• Keep a clean hygienic kitchen and dining room
• To ensure nutritious meals are prepared for station staff and visitors as required (+ 20)
• Ensure sufficient supply of lunch and morning teal meals are prepared and placed out for staff to take with an adequate variety provided
• Meal planning and stores planning
• Prepare grocery lists and maintain adequate supplies
• Assist with the packing of meat for the kitchen
• Maintain kitchen utensils in good order Requirements
• Previous experience in a similar role an advantage
• Experience at managing a kitchen and providing meals to schedule
• An understanding of dietary nutrition and food hygiene
• High level of organisational skills to plan meals
• Be prepared to live and work in a remote location
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time.
You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull from 10–20 kilos and occasionally more.
You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including hats, gloves, safety glasses, covered shoes, and respiratory protection and ear protection as appropriate.
This job requires the ability to comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors. Working Environment This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments Accommodation Air-conditioned accommodation available.
Start Date Immediate Start.
Applications Please email firstname.lastname@example.org